Monday 31 March 2014

linkedin

In my last few posts about job hunting I've mentioned LinkedIn but haven't gone into detail on what it is about. Basically its a networking platform for professionals where you can upload a digital equivalent of your CV, link with your peers, follow potential employers and search for jobs. Its really handy to have whilst applying for jobs, like when I was filling out the application for the industrial placement at L'oreal it allowed me to link it to my LinkedIn which filled in all my details automatically. It also meant that the HR team could check my details quickly by looking at my LinkedIn profile.



The website also gives you the chance to state your skills and allows others to endorse them. I think this is a really great idea as often people will state their skills on their CVs but this gives employers a chance to see your peer's experiences with you.



Finally the website lets you search for jobs that are specifically tailored to your skill set. Their jobs page shows relevant jobs and links you to the employer's page where you can get an overview of the company and also see others who work for them or have worked for them in the past. They also give you the option to sign up for weekly emails with select jobs that are relevant to your profile which is good as it reminds me to be more proactive.


LinkedIn in a great tool for any professional, I would recommend it to anyone as a way of digitising their CV and searching for jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment