Friday 21 March 2014

honours project update.

A quick update on my window display for my honours project; I cannot believe I only have 11 weeks to my degree show. The panic is setting in. This past week I took on the mammoth task of painting the wall behind the display. Its around 4 metres wide and 3 metres tall and I probably would have collapsed in a heap midway if it wasn't for Kate's help. I chose a turquoise as I chose a lot of greens and coral pinks for my rope and I think the backdrop will make these colours pop.  

 I also managed to source a couple of mannequins at university. I was looking at a company which rents out similar ones but they were estimating the cost to be around £90 for a week. Luckily I found these lurking in a cupboard and I'm planning on painting the shabby wooden stands yellow, if all goes well I'll photograph it and share it on here.
 Finally, today I placed all my frames into the space. It took some rearranging and a lot of stress but I'm really happy with the arrangement now. On Monday I'm planning on styling my mannequins and photographing it all, and (if everything goes to plan - which it wont, it never does) I'll share photos next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment