Tuesday 29 April 2014

digital portfolios

Having applied for many, many jobs recently I have noticed quite a few asking for examples of my work or portfolios either with the application or to be brought in with the interview. After 4 years of doing Fashion Textiles/Visual Merchandising & Promotional Design I know all too well the pain of dragging an A2 plastic folder around with examples of my work in. I was having nightmares about digging that plastic folio out so I decided to step into the 21st Century and create a digital portfolio.
Being technically minded I googled 'digital portfolio' (so tech savvy) and browsed a few until I spyed one I really liked. I chose Carbon Made because their homepage is probably the cutest I have seen in a long time, as I said, technically minded. But really, they already have thousands of users and the format seems really easy to use so it appealed to me instantly. 


The sign up process was really quick and its free, which is always an upside. The sign up page made me laugh as their free account registration is accessed by clicking the 'Meh.' button whereas their $12 a month one means you click the 'Whoo!' button.


As you can see, their 'Meh.' account upload limit is much less but I think its sufficient for me at my current stage. I am yet to upload examples of my work as university work has been too hectic to even stop and gather my thoughts but once I get round to it I will post how well it goes and (hopefully) a link to my brand spanking new digital portfolio!

No comments:

Post a Comment