Friday 29 November 2013

harrods christmas window displays.

Another stop during the London trip: Harrods. Their Christmas window displays this year are absolutely beautiful. They're based around the theme of a 1920s train with each window displaying a different carriage. The windows were drawing groups of tourists in to take photos so obviously I didn't want to miss out. After seeing and reading The Great Gatsby over the summer it was a welcome surprise to see a similar style in the window displays. The whole thing was so decadent and festive and totally put me in the Christmas spirit. 



The first window you see on the corner is a snowy scene and you can hear the sounds of a train..
Which leads onto the next window, a life size steam train completely lit up.
The second window you pass depicts the staff with the luggage, showcasing the luxury luggage available in store. I adore the detailing in the carriages, they all have luggage racks to display more product and all the windows are animated screens showing snowy scenes and imagery of Harrods' christmas campaign.
In this window there is a mannequin dressed in a lavish ball gown, embellished in stones. I love the detailing in this window, its beautiful to see up close and sums up the decadence of the 1920's
.
Detailing from the window above. The flash of the trademark Louboutin red sole is perfect against the neutral fabrics.
This window was my favourite out of the displays. It shows two mannequins having afternoon tea, complete with macarons. I love all the detailing involved, with the boxes on the cake stand and plates with macarons arranged in them. I think it also appealed to me because of all the pastel colours, which were popular earlier this year, which I love.






No comments:

Post a Comment