Monday 3 February 2014

job centre plus

When home for a visit I decided to pop into the local Job Centre Plus. Having only been in once before with a friend in the distant past (high school) it was (almost) a new experience.
During my previous visit I used their job search facilities, which are really handy as you can print any job descriptions you like the look of to keep. This time I went to have a look at the facilities on offer to prepare me for the world of work. You can arrange appointments with a member of staff for a one on one chat on anything from volunteer opportunities to your rights and safety whilst you look for a job to workers' rights for when you are employed. They also offer the opportunity for course training, workshops and seminars on things such as CVs and interview preparation. 

Almost all of these facilities can also be viewed online here. I think sometimes the Job Centre gets a bad rap but it was really good to find out that they offer all these things. If I was having issues with an application or interview preparation I wouldn't hesitate to book an appointment at my local branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment