Tuesday 14 January 2014

a walk in the park.

Before Christmas, with deadlines looming, I needed to escape my house and get some fresh air, so I headed to Sefton Park. Despite living really nearby I had never been before so it was like a mini adventure. It was really peaceful and there is a pond full of swans, ducks and geese so I'm planning on coming back with some bread to feed them.
 Eros Fountain. This is a replica of the Eros Fountain in Piccadilly Circus, London, built for Lord Shaftesbury. 
 There is a huge (really, its massive) pond in the park and it has lots of little places you can cross over along the way. I liked this little bit but gave crossing it a miss as I trip over my own feet daily so the wet rocks next to open water seemed like tempting fate. 


 I made some pals on my walk, they swam straight over to me when I passed, obviously assuming I had something to feed them with (I didn't). Cue me feeling super guilty and vowing to return with bread another day.


On my walk I passed this band stand and had to take a photo, the colours were so nice against the fallen leaves. I don't know if bands ever actually use it but I want to find out because I'd love to come and sit here in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment